Try this southwest twist on a pasta salad! Barbecue ranch, black beans, bacon, and more! Tortilla strips add a nice crunch to this creamy salad that you can make in less than 30 minutes!
- One 16 oz Box Rotini
- 1 lb. Bacon, crisped and crumbled
- 6-8 Green Onions thinly sliced
- One 6 oz Can Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Can of Corn Kernals
- 1 Can of pre-seasoned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch dressing *see note
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- Two 4.5 oz bags Chili Lime Flavored Tortilla Strips (found them by the croutons)
- Boil the rotini according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to cool completely.
- Crisp and crumble the bacon.
- Slice the green onions.
- Open the cans of corn, olives and black beans. Drain them all and rinse the black beans well.
- Dump the rotini, bacon, corn, olives, black beans and green onions into a mixing bowl and toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ranch and barbecue together. Pour it over the pasta and other ingredients.
- Mix well and chill until serving time.
- Sprinkle the top of the pasta salad with some of the chili lime tortilla strips right before serving. Leave the remaining tortilla strips next to the pasta salad for people to add more to their individual salads.
- I always use the mix your own with milk Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing instead of the pre-made bottled dressing.
- Trust me, do not skip the chili lime tortilla strips. They are what pushes this pasta salad over the top! If you are not a fan of chili lime tortilla strips or you can't buy them where you live, try the Fritos Honey Barbecue Twists instead!
Keywords: ranch pasta salad, bacon ranch pasta salad, bbq ranch pasta salad