Can't choose between banana bread and zucchini bread? You don't have too! This recipe combines those two classic quick breads for the ultimate treat! It's easy. It's quick. And with half the sugar of the average loaf, it's healthy! You can even make this moist bread into muffins instead!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a measuring cup small bowl or mash and measure out 1 cup of bananas. Set aside.
- Shred 1 cup of zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, mashed bananas, olive oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the flour, then the shredded zucchini.
- Spread the batter in the loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Tent the bread with tin foil 25-30 minutes into baking to avoid over browning.
- When done a toothpick should come out mostly clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely. Enjoy!
- Bananas should be well freckled with brown spots but not completely brown.
- Small to medium zucchini either yellow or green work best.
- If you want to add chocolate chips or nuts, add either 3/4 cup chocolate chips or 3/4 cup walnut or pecans when you add the grated zucchini.
- For 9-12 muffins, bake for 15 minutes before checking for doneness. Bake longer if necessary.
- For mini loaves, bake for 20 minutes before checking for doneness. Tent and bake longer if necessary.
Keywords: banana zucchini bread, zucchini banana bread