Try these quick and easy cookies that will use up those bananas that are sitting on your counter getting too ripe! Moist with a touch of sweetness and chocolate chips! Both adults and kids love these oatmeal cookies!!!
- 12 Tbs . Butter softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Mashed Bananas (roughly 3 average size bananas)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 3 cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheets by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray or by lining them with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas up with a fork. Mash them until they are still a bit chunky. Pour bananas into the creamed ingredients.
- Stir in the salt, soda, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add the oatmeal, flour and chocolate chips.
- Let the mixed cookie dough stand for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes if the dough seems a bit to sticky add a little bit more flour. This dough is a stickier type, adding too much flour will result in tough and dry cookies.
- Drop cookie dough by Tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Old fashioned oats can be used but must be pulsed in a food processor or blender until it's the size of quick oats.
Keywords: banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, banana and oat cookies, banana and oatmeal cookies