These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are filled with apple pieces and topped with a to die for crumbly cinnamon topping!
- 2 –2/12 Cups, peeled, sliced and diced Apples (roughly 2 large or 3 medium sized apples)
- 10 Tbs. Butter (softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Butter (chilled)
- 1 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 and place muffin liners in 24 muffin cups of a muffin tin.
- Peel, slice and dice up the apples up and set them aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk together the sour cream and milk. Add it alternately with the flour to the batter starting and ending with flour.
- Fold the apple pieces into the batter with the last addition of the flour.
- Divide the batter up among the 24 muffin cups.
- In a food processor or in a bowl with a fork, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Pulse or blend in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Top each apple cinnamon with a generous amount of crumb topping.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in your preheat oven (375 degrees). A toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool and eat!
Keywords: apple muffins, muffins, apple cinnamon muffins