With cheesecake on the bottom and apple pie on the top, apple cheesecake pie is the perfect blend of two dessert favorites!
- One 9 inch Uncooked Pie Shell
- 1 (8 oz.) package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 Cups Apples, peeled, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Clear Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbs Milk
- Prepare an uncooked pie shell in a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and egg together until smooth. Pour into the unbaked pie shell. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice, brown sugar cinnamon, and flour. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Apples should be slightly softened.
- Stir and pour over the cheesecake.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 -35 minutes. Center should be nearly set. Cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- For the icing. whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until it is smooth and drizzle over the pie or over individual slices of pie to be served.
Keywords: apple pie, cheesecake