Almond snowball cookies are a fun, out of the norm cookie! Rolled in powdered sugar, these almond butter cookies will melt in mouth!
Makes about 60 snowballs
- 1 Cup Butter ((no substitutes))
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup finely chopped Almond Slivers
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Additional Powdered Sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper or lightly spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla and salt.
- Add the almonds and flour. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Scoop out dough in 1/2 Tablespoon scoops. Roll into balls with your hands. They should be about the size of gumballs. Place on baking sheets. I got 20 on a pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. These cookies won’t brown other that the very bottoms.
- Roll baked hot cookies through the powdered sugar as soon as they come out of the oven. Set on a wire rack to cool.
- Once completely cool, roll the cookies through the powdered sugar again. Eat!
Keywords: cookies, mexican wedding cookies, snowball cookies, russian tea cookies