This beautiful baked almond praline cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and absolutely addictive, especially if you are a lover of almonds and caramel!
- 3/4 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Sliced or Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter (melted)
- 3 (8 oz) packages Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup to 1 toasted Almond slices (see note at end)
- Arrange oven racks so cheesecake will be baking in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and almonds until the almonds are chopped up and blended in well. Add the melted butter and blend just until combined. Press the crust into a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, scraping down the sides of the bowl until it is smooth and no lumps remain. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk and almond extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time at a low speed just until combined. Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake the cheesecake at 300 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. When done the edges will be slightly puffed and the center will still jiggle a little.
- Cool for ten minutes and then run a sharp knife around the side of the pan to loosen the edges. Do not remove the side yet. Cool on a cooling rack for an hour then place the cheesecake uncovered in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- After cheesecake has properly chilled remove the rim of the springform pan and make the topping.
- To toast the almonds, spread them out on a foil lined baking sheet and place them in an oven preheated to 325 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes. When the almonds begin to brown remove them from the oven.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar and whipping cream. Heat until the sugar dissolves and sauce begins to simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds. Cool slightly before pouring over the cheesecake.
- Slice and enjoy!
- (Note: I list 1/2 to 1 cup sliced almonds for the sauce because if your preference is more sauce than almonds than just add the 1/2 cup. If you want a fair amount of almonds in your sauce than add up to a cup of toasted almonds to the sauce. It’s totally up to you!)
Keywords: cheesecake, baked cheesecake