Looking for the best, quick and easy dinner rolls? These are light, fluffy and ready in 90 minutes. Also, a great recipe for the beginner baker wanting to learn to make homemade rolls for scratch!
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Tbs . Sugar
- 1 Tbs . Active Dry Yeast
- 4 Tbs . room temperature Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3-4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- Let stand 5 minutes to get foamy.
- Mix in the butter, salt, and 3 cups of the flour with a dough hook.
- Once well combined, add the last cup of flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough forms a ball, pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. YOU MAY NOT NEED THE ENTIRE LAST CUP OF FLOUR.
- Knead for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover the bowl with a dish cloth and allow dough to rise until doubled. This will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Gently punch down the dough and divide into 15 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place in a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise until doubled on top of your stove while your oven preheats to 350 degrees.
- Bake rolls at 350 degrees, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Run a small cube of butter over the tops of the hot rolls. Let cool slightly before serving.
These rolls can be made by hand as well. If making by hand you will need to knead the dough for 5 minutes instead of 3.
Keywords: dinner rolls, easy dinner rolls, quick dinner rolls, best dinner roll recipe