Light, fluffy 90 minute dinner rolls! Cut down your time in the kitchen and still enjoy homemade rolls for dinner tonight!!!
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Tbs . Sugar
- 1 Tbs . Active Dry Yeast
- 4 Tbs . room temperature Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3–4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand 5 minutes to get foamy.
- Mix in the butter, salt, and 3 cups of the flour with a dough hook.
- Once well combined, add the last cup of flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough forms a ball, pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. YOU MAY NOT NEED THE ENTIRE LAST CUP OF FLOUR.
- Knead for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover the bowl with a dish cloth and allow dough to rise until doubled. This will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Gently punch down the dough and divide into 15 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place in a 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise until doubled on top of your stove while your oven preheats to 400 degrees.
- Bake rolls at 400 degrees, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Run a small cube of butter over the tops of the hot rolls. Let cool slightly before serving.
Keywords: dinner rolls, breads, thanksgiving